Arcano MIDI NES Chiptune Synth II
FREE US shipping!
Create your own Nintendo-style chiptune music with this MIDI synthesizer or play the 8-bit video game music classics live.
The Arcano MIDI NES Chiptune Synth II is an AVR-microcontroller-based music synthesizer that faithfully emulates the classic sound of the Nintendo Entertainment System’s audio hardware. The device is the successor to the Arcano MIDI NES Chiptune Synthesizer, a project launched on Kickstarter in 2015.
No programming is required and there is no software to install. Simply connect a MIDI controller to play the NES classics live or create your own original chiptunes.
The Arcano MIDI NES Chiptune Synth II features many hardware and software improvements on its predecessor including:
- more polyphony
- more waveforms
- more patches
- greater bass range
- improved volume envelope system for reduced latency
- linearized vibrato depth
- improved Mega-Man-II-style two-channel echo patches
- USB power
- lower parts count
- filtered audio output (low-pass filter with fixed cutoff frequency)
- better audio signal DC-bias removal
- standard MIDI DIN input
- 1/8'' (3.5mm) jack audio output (stereo connector with same signal in both channels)
- 7-segment LED display
- simple two-button interface
- embedded ATmega168 microcontroller
- mini-USB connector (power only)
- 4-note polyphony
- 32 preset patches
- 8 waveforms
- 8 vibrato patches
- 8 arpeggio patches
- 8 Mega-Man-II-inspired two-channel echo patches
Handcrafted wooden base is not included.
A note to customers outside the United States:
The shipping fee does not cover customs fees, duties, or import taxes such as the VAT (value added tax.) Please consult with your country's customs office for information about customs, duties, import taxes, and other possible fees.